This week’s theme for the Dare to Blog Party is all about traditions. Here are just a few of our favorite holiday traditions:
1. Christmas music starting the day after Thanksgiving (My favorite new-to-me song this year is All I Want for Christmas is a Hippopotamus)
2. Movies: Miracle on 34th Street (only in B&W), It’s a Wonderful Life (only in B&W), National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, The Christmas Story, Elf.
3. Christmas morning at Alex’s Dads. Stockings. Our super cute nephew. Breakfast. Pure Fun and Joy.
4. A family dinner with my Dad’s side of the family and my Mom’s side sometime in December. When we can all be there.
5. Bailey’s and Eggnog.
6. Shopping for gifts for my hubby. He’s always my favorite person to buy for.
7. Sending Christmas cards to friends and family. Including a photo from the year and a letter of what we’re up to.
8. Getting the mail everyday and the anticipation of receiving Christmas cards.
9. Trying to add new decorations to the outside of the house every year.
10. Cookies. (I actually had to hide some in the freezer so I wouldn’t see them and eat 2 every time I walked past the kitchen.)
Don’t forget to check out everyone else’s traditions at Newlywoodwards.
Big Thanks to all of Kim’s hard work to host these parties. I’ve had so much fun and enjoyed finding new blogs to add to my must-read list.