The latest Cooking Light arrived in my mail this weekend and I want to make everything in it right now! It looks delicious and for some reason I’m so excited for Fall this year.
At the top of my list are (in the order which they appear in the magazine):
- Chicken with Lemon-Caper Sauce (…Alex loves capers)
- Chicago Deep-Dish Pizza
- Deluxe Artichoke Dip
- Vegetable & Cheese Pastry Puffs
- Pecan-Crusted Trout
- Spice-Rubbed Pork Chops
- Savory Sausage Breakfast Rolls
- Bacon, Onion, and Mushroom Pizza
- Ham and Cheese Corn Muffins
- Nutty Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Simple Baked Apples
- Adobo Chicken
- Beef-Braised Beef with Onions, Carrot, and Turnips
- Black Bean Salsa Chili (…Black beans are another of Alex’s favorites)
- Spicy Turkey Meat Loaf with Ketchup Topping (perfect timing, I’ve been thinking of trying a turkey meatloaf)
- Tarte Tatin: Caramel-bathed apples nestled in a tender crust
Articles I want to read include:
- 10 Things to Know About Potatoes
- 10 Little Secrets of Portion Control
Meal planning next week will be SO easy! Until then, this week I’ve still got a new Sloppy Joe recipe to try, lasagna from scratch (which I haven’t done since spring) and I’m hoping to accomplish a pumpkin pie from scratch.
I’ll report back on how things turn out.